kfan

Brian K. Vaughan, Tony Harris
The World Without Us
Alan Weisman

Ragnar's Urban Survival: A Hard-Times Guide To Staying Alive In The City

Ragnar's Urban Survival: A Hard-Times Guide to Staying Alive in the City - Ragnar Benson It's good. I liked it. It's filled with concrete, useful information about how to manage your life and stay alive once the zombie apocalypse (or, more likely an actual human war) happens in your city.

Most of the stuff I found most fascinating is mentioned up front. If you are worried about food, cattails and rabbits are the way to go! The realities of sourcing clean water and energy are super complicated and stressful though, and unfortunately this wasn't new information as much as reinforcing things that I was already super stressed about.

The book is about as anti-government as you'd expect, which is fine, but I kind of wanted him to just take those sentiments as read for the purposes of people reading this book. I'm not going to have time to be stressed about mommy-staters when the zombies are at the door, so why get sidetracked on them here. But, the main thrust from the book, that you do not want to let yourself become a refugee, that the government does not care about you and that you are better off fending for yourself, was well taken, esp in that it has recent historical proof (i.e. Katrina).